Ram Mandir Inauguration Holiday: All central government offices will be closed on January 22 for the Ram Temple Pran Pratishtha ceremony, as announced by Union Minister Jitendra Singh. Many states, including Uttar Pradesh, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, and Haryana, have also declared holidays to celebrate the inauguration of the Ram temple in Ayodhya.
“Due to the overwhelming sentiment of the employees and requests from them, Central Government announces half day closing till 2:30 pm on 22nd January 2024, at all Central Government offices, Central institutions and Central industrial establishments throughout India on the occasion of Ram Temple pran pratishtha ceremony,” said the Central government’s notification.
Public sector banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, and regional rural banks (RRBs) across India will be closed for half a day to commemorate the consecration ceremony of the Ram temple in Ayodhya. This decision has been taken as per an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DOPT) for central government establishments. However, private sector banks have not made any announcement regarding a holiday on January 22. Customers are advised to check with their local branches for the latest updates on Ram Mandir Inauguration Holiday.
The order states, “The Ram Lalla Pran Pratishtha at Ayodhya will be celebrated on 22nd January 2024 across India. To enable employees to participate in the celebrations of Ram Mandir Inauguration Holiday, it has been decided that all central government offices, central institutions, and central industrial establishments throughout India will be closed for half day till 1430 hours on 22nd January 2024.”
Auspicious Time for Ceremony
The auspicious time for Lord Shri Ramlala’s Pran-Pratishtha Yoga has been set for Paush Shukla Kurm Dwadashi, Vikram Samvat 2080, on Monday, January 22, 2024. This marks a significant event, and the closure allows employees to participate in the celebrations across the nation. In addition to government offices, many states have also announced holidays for schools and colleges to celebrate the inauguration of the Ram temple in Ayodhya.
Apart from government offices, many states have also announced Ram Mandir Inauguration Holiday to celebrate the inauguration of the Ram temple in Ayodhya.
Ram Mandir Inauguration Holiday in States that have announced:
- Uttar Pradesh: The state has declared that educational institutions and government offices will be closing their doors on January 22.
- Goa: Chief Minister Pramod Sawant has decreed the closure of government offices and schools, inviting citizens to revel in the day’s joy and enthusiasm reminiscent of Diwali.
- Madhya Pradesh: Chief Minister Mohan Yadav has joined other states by declaring a public holiday for all government offices and schools. In the spirit of celebration, liquor and meat shops in the state will join the closure as per the Chief Minister’s directives.
- Chhattisgarh: The state has declared a public holiday on January 22.
- Haryana: Adding to the nationwide celebration, Haryana will have its schools closed on January 22. Adding to the solemnity, the state prohibits the consumption of liquor on the day of the consecration ceremony.
- Odisha: The Odisha government has shared a crucial update for January 22. All state government offices and courts across Odisha will be closed for half of the day.
- Assam: The Assam government on Thursday declared a half-holiday on January 22. All state government offices and educational institutions in the state will remain closed till 2.30 PM.
- Rajasthan: Rajasthan government on Thursday declared a half-day holiday in the state on January 22. Chief Minister Bhajan Lal Sharma announced the BJP Legislature Party meeting held at the party’s headquarters here on Thursday night, a spokesperson said.
- Tripura: All the government offices and educational institutions across Tripura will remain closed until 2:30 pm on January 22 to enable employees to participate in the celebrations of Ram Lalla Pran Pratishtha at Ayodhya, officials said. The order was issued by Asim Sahai, Deputy Secretary to the Government of Tripura.