Chhath Puja Rules Chhath Puja, the great festival of faith in Sun, has started from Wednesday. Have to eat today. On the occasion of Chhath Puja, let us know what are its rules and how it should be followed.
Chhath Puja Rules: Chhath Puja, the great festival of faith in Sun, has started from Wednesday. Today is Kharna. Vratis start their fast with Nahay-Khay. Chhath Puja is celebrated in many big cities of the country including Bihar. This fast is considered to be the most difficult among all the fasts because this fast has to be kept without water for 36 hours.
The rules of fasting for Chhath Puja are also different from all other fasts. If you observe fast on Chhath Puja, then you should be aware of its rules. If you do not observe the fast regularly, you do not receive the blessings of Chhathi Maiya and Sun God and the fast also becomes fruitless. Chhath Puja fast is observed for the attainment of a child, its safety and successful life. It is said that King Sagar did not observe the fast of Surya Shashthi properly, due to which 60 thousand of his sons died.
Today on the occasion of Chhath Puja, let us know what are its rules and how it should be followed.
Chhath Puja rules for fasting:
1. A person observing fast for 4 days of Chhath Puja is prohibited from sleeping on a bed or throne. He can sleep by spreading a mat on the ground and can use blankets etc.
2. The fasting person has to wear new and clean clothes all four days. In this too, care is taken that the clothes are not stitched. Women wear saree and men wear dhoti. However, nowadays people wear any clothes.
3. A person observing fast should not consume meat, alcohol, false words, lust, anger, greed, smoking etc.
4. If you observe fast on Chhath Puja, then all the family members should stay away from Tamasic food. Eat only satvik food in these four days.
5. Bamboo soup is used during Chhath Puja fast. When the Sun God is worshiped in the evening and morning, then the worship material is kept in the soup and offered to him.
6. During Chhath Puja, Thekua and Kasar (rice flour laddus) should be offered to Chhathi Maiya and Lord Bhaskar.
7. The fast of worshiping Chhathi Maiya is of cleanliness. On the first day, the house and the place of worship are cleaned. The ghats are also cleaned.
8. Make sure to use sugarcane to offer Arghya to Sun God during Chhath Puja. Leafy sugarcane is used in this.